|Season(s)||1, 2, 3|
|Played By||Charu Bala Chokshi|
|Friendships With||Tania, Paul, Pat, Barbara Dawes (possibly), Dave (possibly)|
|Conflicts With||Marjorie Dawes|
Character[edit | edit source]
Unlike the other members of Fat Fighters, the subject of Marjorie's abuse on Meera is placed on her ethnicity rather than her weight as Meera is an Indian woman who sports traditionally Indian clothes and speaks with a strong, yet understandable Indian accent.
Meera is always victim to Marjorie's racist attitude as most sketches will feature Meera making a suggestion with Marjorie pretending to misunderstand her answer and forcing her to continuesly repeat it while Marjorie continues to nag her to say it again, often using the line "Do it again?" up untill someone else, usually Tanya, interprets for her.
Despite this, Meera appears fully adapted to Western culture; enjoying lasagne, EastEnders and even having originated from the London surburbs in New Malden.
Meera quit FatFighters with the rest after Marjorie had been cruel to Pat for long enough already. Meera told Marjorie that they were never coming back and when Marjorie, of course, asked, "Do it again!", Meera just waved her hand in disgust. Marjorie often writes down what she thinks she's saying (Fish and Chips- Curry etc.).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Meera is the only FatFighters member who does not appear to be seriously overweight.
- Meera's name changes over the three series, first Moira, then Mary, then eventually, Meera.
- According to the book Little Britain: The Complete Scripts and Stuff: Series Three, Meera lives at 62 Beechcroft Drive, New Malden, Surrey, SM3 4SA.
- She won the lottery, which made Marjorie green with envy, and often caused her to hint that she wanted Meera's money.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Oh, forget it." (when Marjorie doesn't understand her)
- "Exercise, exercise, exercise!"
- "I'm Hindu."
- "Say sorry!"
- "You must have been on many different diets in your time. What was the worst diet you were on?"